More2Childcare retains Ofsted Outstanding rating
| Posted by Kelly Salambasis
Staff and children at More2Childcare Nursery in Greenwich are celebrating after retaining their Outstanding Ofsted Grade.
More2Childcare has been awarded the top mark again by Ofsted, following an Inspection at the end of July 2023 (the previous and first inspection was in 2018).
They now join their sister nursery More2Riverside to become the only two privately owned Ofsted Outstanding Nurseries in the SE10 postcode area (as of 29th August 2023) since Ofsted started to inspect under the new statutory framework (introduced in September 2021).
The results were officially celebrated with the children and parents of the nursery with decorations in the garden.
Kelly Salambasis, Eve Daniels and Glenda Alexander, Co-Owners who opened the nursery in 2016, along with Director of Childcare, Rosie Bennett who oversees daily operations, say they are “over the moon” to have achieved the top rating.
They added “We are incredibly proud of the team at More2Childcare – it’s incredibly tough to get the top grade. A lot of hard work goes on behind the scenes to retain the highest standards and it really is testament to our amazing Director of Childcare and professional and committed staff team.They strive every day to go above and beyond for the children in their care”.
Some of the highlights from the Ofsted report read:
- Children are highly motivated and self-assured learners.
- All children, including those who receive additional funding, make secure progress across all areas of learning.
- Leaders devise an ambitious and a well-designed curriculum that stretches children and they reach their full potential.
- The dedicated staff team know children extremely well
- Staff set high expectations for children's learning and use their knowledge of child development very well to plan for what children need to learn
- Children of all ages benefit from highly stimulating and engaging learning experiences.
- Not only do children acquire skills in readiness for school, but they are also well prepared for life.
- Children feel extremely happy, safe and content in the nursery. Staff set high expectations for children's behaviour. Children are highly confident and behave well for their age
You can read the full report here